Restored Old Main bell returns to new location at University Park

Restored Old Main bell returns to new location at University Park

Thanks to a gift by Penn State's Class of 2009, Old Main's bell has been restored to its original luster, now in a new ground-level spot of honor next to the landmark building, for everyone to view. The 1871 bronze bell, restored by Elderhorst Bells of Palm, Pa., has been returned to the University Park campus and displayed within a semicircular outdoor seating area adjacent to Old Main's southwest corner. To learn more about the bell and its restoration, watch the video here. Photos from the bell dedication are online at live.psu.edu Produced by C Roy Parker