Emmanual Chapel-Penn State Mont Alto

Emmanual Chapel-Penn State Mont Alto

Emmanual Chapel-Penn State Mont Alto

The historic Emmanuel Chapel on Penn State's Mont Alto campus is believed to have been the worship site of well-known abolitionist John Brown. The cornerstone for the chapel was laid in 1854 and the building was erected to serve workers at an iron-making operation on land that is now the Penn State Mont Alto.

IMAGE: Michelle Bixby
Licensing and Use