09_Road_Scholars_2009_Day_2

09_Road_Scholars_2009_Day_2

The faculty travelers toured both the Allegheny County Courthouse, at right, and the former county jail, which has been converted into offices for the juvenile and family sections of the Common Pleas Court. The complex was designed by the renowned architect Henry Hobson Richardson and completed in 1888. The two structures were connected by another Venice-reminiscent "Bridge of Sighs" where convicted prisoners were transported from court to jail.

IMAGE: Penn State
Licensing and Use