Untitled

Untitled

The Administrative Building at Penn State Hazleton is the former Markle estate mansion. The campus began at its present location in 1948 after the purchase of 66 hilltop acres, which had served as the residential estate of a local entrepreneur. The estate, built by Alvan Markle Sr. in 1924 and known as "Highacres," featured a 32-room fieldstone mansion, now the Administrative Building at Penn State Hazleton, with every modern convenience available at the time, as well as domestic staff quarters, a greenhouse and five formal gardens.

IMAGE: Penn State