Open house planned for Schreyer House; shuttle from Innovation Park added

UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. -- A special open house is planned at Schreyer House, the official residence for the University president, for University employees from noon to 5 p.m. Friday, June 28, 2013.
 
Those interested in attending should RSVP via email to cmr1@psu.edu by June 21, and indicate whether or not they plan to use the provided shuttle. Include “Open House” in the subject line. This invitation is for University employees only, and attendees are asked not to bring additional guests.
 
A shuttle bus will be available with stops at the locations listed below to transport visitors to the open house. Parking is not available at Schreyer House. The house also can be accessed by walking down the long driveway at the intersection of Park Avenue and Shortlidge Road.
 
Open house shuttle stops:
 
-- Computer Building (Campus Shuttle stop on Bigler Road)
-- Millennium Science Complex (CATA stop on Pollock Road)
-- Boucke Building (Paratransit stop on Pollock Road)
-- Carnegie Building (Paratransit stop on Pollock Road)
-- Rec Hall (Campus Shuttle stop on Burrowes Road across from Rec Hall)
-- Pattee Transit Center (CATA stop on Curtin Road)
-- Pavilion Theatre (CATA stop on Curtin Road)
-- Business Building (Campus Shuttle stop on Shortlidge Road)
-- Lion Surplus (on Services Road)
-- Schreyer House (Schreyer Lane)
-- A shuttle will run directly from Innovation Park to Schreyer House (shuttle stop at the Penn Stater Conference Center in front of the Courtyard located on Innovation Boulevard)
 
The last shuttle going to Schreyer House will be 4 p.m. After 4 p.m., the shuttle will return guests from Schreyer House to the designated shuttle stops listed above until 5 p.m.
 
Schreyer House originally was the summer residence of H. Walton Mitchell, an 1890 Penn State graduate who not only served three terms as judge in Allegheny County, but also was the first alumnus to be elected to Penn State's Board of Trustees. In 1985, Mitchell’s granddaughters sold the house along with the surrounding property to Penn State. The house, originally known as Lisnaward on the Mitchell Estate, was constructed in 1928 and renovated in the mid-1980s with private funds from Bill and Joan Schreyer. It was renamed Schreyer House. In addition to it being a private residence it also serves as a venue for hosting and entertaining University guests.

Last Updated June 18, 2013