UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — Naren Gursahaney, president and CEO of ADT Corporation, will give the commencement address at the College of Engineering's baccalaureate degrees ceremony at 8 p.m. on May 3, in the Bryce Jordan Center.
Nearly 1,100 seniors are expected to attend Friday’s spring commencement exercises.
Gursahaney, a Penn State mechanical engineering alumnus, heads the leading provider of home and small business electronic security, automation and alarm monitoring services in North America.
Sixteen seniors will serve as student marshals for the ceremony. Student marshals representing their majors are chosen on the basis of outstanding academic achievement and their contributions to engineering student life.
This commencement’s student marshals and their faculty escorts are:
- Aerospace Engineering: Nicholas Svirbely escorted by Philip Morris, Boeing/A.D. Welliver Professor of Aerospace Engineering;
- Architectural Engineering: Daniel McGee escorted by Moses Ling, associate professor of architectural engineering;
- Bioengineering: Andrew Higgins escorted by Justin Brown, assistant professor of bioengineering;
- Biological Engineering: Laura Navitsky escorted by Megan Marshall, instructor in agricultural and biological engineering;
- Chemical Engineering: Nabeel Dahod escorted by Enrique Gomez, assistant professor of chemical engineering, and Michael Howard, escorted by Scott Milner, the Joyce Chair and professor of chemical engineering;
- Civil Engineering: Christian Noveral escorted by Dan Linzell, Shaw Professor of Civil Engineering;
- Computer Engineering: Edward Wang escorted by Lee Coraor, associate professor of computer science and engineering;
- Computer Science: Gregory Ference escorted by Wang-Chien Lee, associate professor of computer science and engineering;
- Electrical Engineering: Dominique Zwiebel escorted by John Mitchell, professor of electrical engineering;
- Engineering Science: Xuerong Xiao escorted by Akhlesh Lakhtakia, Charles Godfrey Binder Professor in Engineering Science and Mechanics;
- Industrial Engineering: Xin Zhang escorted by Paul Lynch, instructor in industrial and manufacturing engineering;
- Mechanical Engineering: Michael Houser and Matthew Krott, both escorted by Michael Alley, associate professor of engineering communications;
- Nuclear Engineering: Alex Punzi escorted by Massimiliano Fratoni, assistant professor of nuclear engineering; and
- Reserve Officers’ Training Corps: Anthony Puopolo escorted by U.S. Navy Capt. Charles Doty, professor of naval science.