Law School 'change of venue' set for this weekend

Penn State Law students, faculty and staff in Carlisle will enjoy a long-awaited gift this holiday season -- the completion of Lewis Katz Hall and a move back to downtown Carlisle. This weekend the Law School will move Carlisle operations back to its historic location on the corner of College and South streets. Classes will begin in Lewis Katz Hall on Jan. 11.

The transition marks the end of a two-year, $50 million construction project, which includes the addition of a new signature Lewis Katz Hall, named in honor of the principal donor to the project, philanthropist and businessman, Lewis Katz (class of 1966), for his $15 million gift to the Law School. The project also includes extensive renovations to Trickett Hall, the Law School’s home since 1918, which now houses the Law School’s unified H. Laddie Montague, Jr. Law Library, named in honor of H. Laddie Montague, Jr. (class of 1963), a prominent Philadelphia lawyer and trial attorney who has committed $4 million to the school.
 
Renovated and rebuilt to comply with LEED standards, the facilities feature state-of-the-art classrooms, conference rooms and a library completely interconnected with the University Park campus via the most advanced high-definition, digital audiovisual telecommunications system available.
 
The Law School celebrated the start of the project with a groundbreaking ceremony on Jan. 23, 2008. A formal dedication ceremony of Lewis Katz Hall is scheduled for April 16.

 

Contacts: 
Last Updated December 16, 2009