McAllister Building at Penn State

McAllister Building is the home of the Department of Mathematics at Penn State. Located right next to the HUB-Robeson Center on Pollock Road, the building was constructed in 1904 as a men's dormitory. In 1915 it became a women's dormitory, and later was converted to an academic building. In addition to the Math Department, the McAllister Building also houses the University Park branch of the U.S. Post Office. In 2005 the building was re-dedicated after extensive renovations.

Learn more about McAllister Building at http://www.math.psu.edu/grad/info/mcallister.php online.

Read Penn State President Graham B. Spanier's re-dedication speech, "New Life for McAllister Building," at http://president.psu.edu/speeches/articles/181.html online.

View more photos of McAllister Building, including a photo of the Octacube sculpture that casts a shadow on the fourth dimension, at http://live.psu.edu/stilllife/1704 online. Watch a video about the sculpture at /video/166044/2013/02/09/video-no-title online.

Contacts: 
Last Updated June 08, 2011